In the current world anyone and everyone uses social media and it has also become the best platform for businesses to widen their audience base. Social media is not only popular in personal use, but also highly popular as a marketing tool.
Among the top social media networking sites in India, there are – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, WhatApp Messenger, and Snapchat.
- Facebook– Facebook stands as one of the most popular social media platforms in India. It is an American online social media and social networking service company that was launched back in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. It allows you to easily connect with family, friends, and other acquaintances by sending and accepting friend requests via your Facebook account. The connecting process is extremely simple and user-friendly. Facebook has more than 1.59 billion active users per month. It can easily be called the top most social networking site.
- Instagram- Instagram is another commendable revolution among social media platforms. It is a photo and video sharing social networking platform owned by Facebook. Instagram allows you to edit your photos with various filters that attract viewers. There are several businesses and e-commerce sites that use Instagram for marketing purposes.
- Twitter- Twitter is another popular social media platform that is very useful in real-time social media marketing campaigns. This site was founded back in the year 2006 with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. This platform is mainly used for creation of brand awareness. Twitter has also launched a new feature for mobile users that allows displaying the latest trending topics going on around the world.
- LinkedIn – is a popular social media platform developed for being used predominantly as for professional purposes. Your LinkedIn allows you to show your work profile and work experience to various industries. It was launched back in 2003 and supports 24 languages. It has more than 418 million registered users. It works best for people who wish to display business related information and statistics.
- Pinterest- Pinterest is quite new as a social media platform as compared to the afore-mentioned social media platforms. It was launched back in 2010 and comes with more than 100 million active users. This platform contains bulletin boards where different businesses and organizations can pin their content for more people to see them. Pins are ideas from people on Pinterest that are pinned and saved around the web and the pins you save stays on your personal boards.
- YouTube- YouTube is predominantly an entertaining social media platform where internet users can watch interesting and fun video content. It was launched in 2005 by a team of three enthusiasts and later in 2006, Google bought it. YouTube comes with over one billion active users per month, giving users an opportunity to create their own YouTube channel ad upload videos to gain popularity.